Setting up a New Exhibition
To set up a new exhibition
All the fields available in Exhibition set up are described below, most of the fields are optional and may be entered only as necessary.
a* next to the field denotes information that must be entered for the exhibition to be saved.
Please note that the Event History Report can be used to give a breakdown of the exhibition.
1. Main tab
- Click the Exhibition tick box.
- Enter the show dates and tenancy dates (optional)
- An Attribute Type and Code can be entered if you wish all new companies that are added to the database under this exhibition code to be automatically assigned an attribute. This does not affect companies already entered onto the database. If the attribute you require is not listed see Adding Additional Attributes.
- Tick the Active box if the exhibition is active immediately. No contracts can be set up on exhibitions unless they have been ticked active.
- The default currency will already be entered in the Sec. Currency field. To change this to another, search for the currency code. If the currency you require if not listed, see Adding & Editing Currencies.
- Fix exchange rate field, enter a value if you would like to set the exchange rate between the currency of the exhibition and your home currency.
- Tick whether the currency is to be the priority currency on sales, purchases or both.
- Previous Event - if the exhibition you are setting up is a recurring event, you can enter the BusiPro code for the last exhibition of this type in the previous event field.
- Next Event - When the next event of this series is added in the Event Set up window. BusiPro will automatically go back and add the Event code in previous set up forms.
- Sales default status* - this is the status that all new contracts set up under this exhibition code will be defaulted to and denotes whether they can be invoiced or not. Search for the appropriate status. If the status you require is not listed, see Contract Status.
- Vat Country* - Enter or search for the country code for VAT. If the country you require is not listed, see Adding Countries.
- Default VAT Code* - all contracts and transactions will be defaulted to this code. Search for options. For more information see VAT Codes.
- Category 1, 2 & 3 - These categories can be used to group exhibitions together. For example, category 1 could group smaller branch exhibitions to a larger main exhibition whereas category 2 could then group exhibitions that are overseas. For more information see Service Categories.
- Default Item Group* - all new items set up under this exhibition code will be defaulted to this group. Enter or search for the item group code, this will be the one that the majority of items set up will fall under. If the item group you require is not listed see Item Groups. Please be aware that it is highly likely that the default Item Group should be "STAND".
2. Accounting tab
- Invoice suppression - tick this box if you would like all invoices for this exhibition to be suppressed.
- Invoice De-supp. date - enter a date you would like the system to automatically de-suppress the invoice i.e. commence invoicing
- Credit Suppression - tick this box if you would like all credit notes for this exhibition to be suppressed.
- Credit De-supp. date - enter a date you would like the system to automatically de-suppress crediting i.e. commence credit notes.
- Sales Contract Sequence - Contracts set up for this exhibition can begin from a specified letter/number combination if required i.e. different exhibitions can have different contract numbers (and letters). Enter or search for the code for the sequence. If the sequence you require is not listed, or you would prefer to start another, see Sequential Number Systems.
- Sales Invoice Sequence - Invoices for this exhibition can begin from a specified letter/number combination. Enter or search for the sequence code. If the sequence you require is not listed or you would like to start another, see Sequential Number Systems.
- Default Cost Code* - Enter or search for the cost code for the exhibition. If the cost code is not listed, see Cost Codes.
- Bank S/L Nomi. Code* - Enter or search for the default bank sales ledger nominal code. This must be a nominal code for a cash account. If the nominal code you require is not listed see Nominal Codes.
- Bank P/L Nomi. Code - Enter or search for the default bank purchase ledger nominal code if required.
- Jrnl. S/L Nomi. Code - Enter or search for the journal sales ledger nominal code if required.
- Jrnl. P/L Nomi. Code - Enter or search for the journal purchase ledger nominal code if required.
- Commission Percentage - All employees assigned to this Event code will have a default commission percentage if added here.
- There will be no Service Sequence Name for exhibitions, this field is for publications only.
- Contract Comm(unication) Type - Enter the code CONTRACT here if you wish all communications made in the contracts section to be defaulted automatically to communication type "contract".
- It is extremely likely that in the buttons down the right hand side, the Auto Item will be called "SPACE", as space will always be involved when you sell a stand. An item code here will be automatically entered when a new Item is created. So in our example, entering the code for "space" will automatically add this item to the default item, which is STAND.
- It is also extremely likely that in the buttons down the right hand side, the BUT1 Item will be called "SHELL". Adding this into the BUT1 Item box will mean that as you enter a contract, a shortcut button called SHELL will pop up for you to choose or not choose, depending on whether you have sold space with shell, or just the space alone.
3. Payment Schedule
In this tab you can set up the default payment and cancellation schedule. An example of a payment schedule might be 30% of the stand price invoiced on booking, then another 40% to be invoiced six months before the event, and the final 30% to be invoiced three months before the event. The payment schedule has no bearing on the payment terms, which might remain at 30 days for each of the three invoices raised. The payment schedule is about when the invoices are actually raised.
- Click on the New Button and enter a code for your standard payment schedule.
- Click on the green tick button.
- The system automatically defaults to the payment schedule box ticked.
- Enter a description for the payment schedule.
- Click on the new button each time to enter the dates and percentages of the cost to be invoiced. If you make a mistake after entering the dates, click on the Edit button to change or the Delete button to delete a line.
- Reminder User - You can enter or search for the code of the user to set up a reminder of when the invoices are due for printing. The system automatically sets up a reminder communication 30 days prior to each invoice date.
- Payment terms - enter a value for your standard payment terms in days.
- Term priority over account - Tick this box if you would like the payment term you have entered to have priority over any payment terms that have been set up on individual company records.
- Deposit Value - You can enter a monetary value for a deposit instead of a percentage and date. If the payment schedule has been set up and the first payment is not as high as the deposit value, the system will up the payment to match.
- Click on the Done button when all details have been entered. The code your have entered for the standard payment schedule will now be displayed in the Default payment schedule box.
- Click on the New Button and enter a code for your standard cancellation schedule.
- Click on the green tick button.
- Enter a description for the cancellation schedule.
- Click on the cancellation schedule tick box.
- Click on the New button each time to enter the dates and percentages of costs to be invoiced. If you make a mistake after entering the dates, click on the Edit button to change or the Delete button to delete a line.
- Click on the Done button when all details have been entered. The code your have entered for the standard cancellation schedule will now be displayed in the Default cancellation schedule box.
- Now enter the item code for the cancellation fee to be applied, if this has not been set up already, see Setting up Items. Now when the item code for the cancellation fee is added to a contract line, BusiPro will automatically work out the fee to be charged based on the dates entered in the standard cancellation schedule.
Use this tab to set up venues and halls associated with your exhibition and tracks.
- Click on the New Button to add a venue to your exhibition.
- Enter or search for the venue code and hall code if required.
- Click on the green tick button.
- Enter a comment about the venue/hall, the cost, minimum stand dimensions for stands set up in that hall, date 1 and date 2.
- You can assign this venue a colour by clicking on the Colour button, this will colour code your reports which contain venue information.
- Click on the Done button to take you back to the previous screen.
- If there are more that one hall in the venue being used, keep clicking the New button and following the above steps until all the halls have been added. Only venues and halls that are already set up in the system can be used, if the venue/hall you require is not listed see Venues.
- You can import venues/halls from other exhibitions instead of entering them individually. Click on the Import Item Groups button and search for the location required, if there is more than one hall to be added, hold down the ctrl button whilst selecting to highlight multiple lines and then click the green tick button.
Tracks can be used to group stands of a particular product area together for example to make a route for people who are visiting and are interested in a particular product. To add Tracks
Type in a visitor profile and expected visitor attendance (optional), these are not linked anywhere else in the system,
You can set up your colleagues and sales staff who are associated with this exhibition and set up commission rates for them.
- Click on the New Button.
- Enter or search for the Employee code and click the green tick button
- Enter a comment for that employee.
- Add the employee's role by entering or searching for the role code. If the role you require is not listed, see Adding & Deleting Employee Roles
- Enter the commission percentage with/without an agent. If the Commission paid net of Agent Commission box is ticked, the No Agent percentage is not available. Click on the Done button to return to the previous screen.
- Click on new until all the employees are added.
- To edit an employee, click on the Employee line and click the Edit Button.
- To delete an employee, click on the Employee line and click the Delete Button.
8. Additional Parameters
9. Stock Items
As Items are set up under this exhibition code, they will automatically be entered in the stock items list. They can be filtered by Items Groups using the drop down menu or edited by clicking on the stock item line and clicking on the edit button.
If you would like items to appear automatically on each new contract that you set up - for example, a registration fee or insurance premium - this can be done. View the item in detail by double clicking on the item code in the list of stock items. Then, when you have the details of the item on the screen, press the Expand button near the Item Group in the top right corner and tick the Auto Apply line.
This shows the communications associated with this exhibition.