There are two ways to create a new contract:
Method 1. From the Companies Screen
- Go to Marketing Database > Companies in the main menu.
Locate the Company who are placing the contract by clicking on the company code in the Hot Area
of the record and opening the search window
- Once the company has been found, click on the Go To contract button.
- If the company has placed previous contracts, the system will ask you if you would use any of the existing contracts. If a new contract is to be created, click on 'no' until a new contract screen is created. To bypass using any existing contracts, right click on the Go To Button to go straight to a new contract screen.
- A window will then appear with the events that have been set up in the system. Click on the relevant one and click the green tick button.
Method 2. From the Contracts Screen
- Go to Contracts & Items > Contracts in the main menu.
- While the Hot Area is orange click on the New button on the Navigation Toolbar.
- A window will then be displayed listing the exhibitions that have been set up in the system. Click on the relevant one and click on the green tick button.
- You must then find the company that are placing the contract. Enter or search for the company code then click on the green tick button. A new contracts window has now been created.
The following information can be added or changed in the top half of the window as required
- Change the currency from the home to secondary currency
- Change the status and status date.
- Add a sub status and status date.
- Add a Corporate discount percentage.
- Add an Agency Commission code.
- Add the salesperson's user code who is responsible for the contract
- Add your customer's reference number for the contract.
A description of these fields can be found in the Contract Screen Overview.
Once the new contract has been created you must then add or set up the items and necessary details related to that contract which make up the contract lines.
- In the 1. Contract Lines tab click on the New Button to the hand side of the contract line grid.
- After the event code and colon enter or search for the item code. For more information see Items Overview. You can also set up a new item here by entering a code for the item, right clicking and choosing New from the pop-up menu. This will then take you to the item screen. For more information see Setting Up Items.
- Hit return and the description, quantity and value will be entered as dictated by the Item set up. The description field can be changed or added to and if the Item has been set up without a value, one can be entered here.
The Contract Lines tab contains the following fields which are described below
This field will show the quantity of Items for the contract and is dictated by what has been entered in the Item set up. If the company has purchased more than one of these items, the total qty number can be changed and the total value will be calculated automatically.
This value of this field is reflected by the status of the contract. If the status of the contract is not to be invoiced this value will automatically be 0, if the contract has been set up with an invoiceable status this value will correspond to the total quantity and if the contract is subsequently changed from not to be invoiced to that of an invoiceable status, this quantity will change to the total quantity value. The quantity can be changed manually, all or some of the total quantity can be invoiced regardless of the status by entering a number in this field, the manually invoiceable quantity check box to the right of field automatically becomes ticked if a number is entered here.
Tracks can be used to group stands of a particular product area together for example to make a route for people who are visiting and are interested in a particular product. Tracks can only be added if they have been entered in the Exhibition set up, for information on adding Tracks, see the Tracks section of the Exhibitions Set Up help pages.
To Add a Track
- Click on the Tracks button, the name of the Tracks entered will be listed in a grid.
- Click on the Use checkbox of the Track you would like to assign the stand item to. If there is only one total quantity of the item, it can only be assigned to one Track.
- On the right hand side of the grid there are filters for displaying only Tracks that have been used, tracks that are active or all tracks.
- When the Track has been entered, click on the Done button to take you back to the contract line window.
Clicking on the manual line tick box means that the contract line no longer follows the status of the main contract. For example, if the main status of the contract is changed from uninvoiceable to invoice, the invoiceable quantity on this contract line will not change. You can use the manual line tick box to change details about a specific contract line.
The Auto line tick box is ticked by default. This means that the contract line follows the main status of the contract, for example if the contract status is changed from an uninvoiceable status to that of an invoiceable one, the invoiceable quantity will change to reflect this. This tick box cannot be unticked, changing the contract line to manual will automatically untick this box.
This tick box is used to set the contract line as active and allows it to be included in any invoicing and transactions. By default this box is ticked. Removing the tick will mean that the item will not be included in any further processing of this contract. Unticking this box will automatically untick the auto line box and tick the manual line box as this means that you are manually deciding how the contract line is to be processed.
The Cancelled Lines tick box is tells the system to treat this line of the contract as cancelled. With the Active Line box ticked, you will be able to produce a credit note against this line if appropriate. If there is no tick in the Active Line box, then the system will disregard this line of the contract and no transactions will be allowed to be produced. If the Auto line is ticked, the contract line will follow the main status of the order, if this status is set to cancelled, the contract line will be cancelled. If the manual button is ticked, the cancelled line tick box allows the contract line to be ticked without the whole contract being cancelled.
No Rep Commission
Click on this tick box if you would like no rep commission to given against this contract line.
By Schedule Dates
Click on this tick box if the Invoicing is to follow the payment schedule either set up as default in the Exhibition set up or entered in the Contract Payment Terms section of the contract.
Clicking on this tick box brings up another field for you to enter a date you would like the invoice to be produced. This overrides the schedule dates.
Cancellation Terms Apply
Tick this box if the cancellation terms as set up in the Exhibition Set Up will be applied to this line if the line is cancelled. If an item has cancellation terms linked to it in the Items window, then the system will automatically find the terms and apply them to this contract.
The Initial value, any adjustments, VAT and total value are displayed as determined by the Item set up along with the default VAT code. To see a more detailed pricing breakdown or to apply discounts to this contract line, click on the Expand button next to the VAT code.
Tick the box if you would like to apply frequency discount to this contract line. Enter the percentage discount required.
Tick the box if you would like to apply a corporate discount to this contract line. Enter the percentage discount required. If a corporate discount has already been applied in the top half of the Contracts window, this figure will already be entered here.
Under the corporate discount there are two fields for item discounts. The first is for a percentage discount, the second for a value discount. Enter or search for the discount code you would like to apply and enter either a percentage in the first field or value in the field below. These fields are automatically subtracted from the initial value of the item, if you would like them to be added to rather than taken away from the initial value, make the percentage or value a negative figure. For more information see Item discounts.
An agency commission can be taken off the subtotal manually, click on the tick box and enter a value for the commission. This will be automatically taken off the sub total to give the final item value. If an Agency Commission code has been applied already in the top half of the Contracts window, this will already be displayed in this field.
The VAT code as entered in the Exhibition set up will automatically be added to the contract line. If this is not correct for the specified contract line, enter or search for the correct code For more information see VAT Codes.
Once all the pricing structure details have been entered, click on the Contract button to hide the rest of this window.
Payment for the contract line can be split between two or more companies. Any companies that have been linked to this company for invoicing of this contract in the Companies Page of the contract screen will be listed here and the final value of the item divided between them as previously set up. You can edit the value these two companies pay here.
- Click on the company code and click on the Edit Button.
- Adjust either the percentage of the item or a goods value the company is to pay.
- Click on the Done button to take you back to the previous screen.
- If the goods value does not now add up to the value of the item, click the Auto Correct button, the system will try to correct the value.
- If you wouls like to abandon the changes you have made click on the Reset button to return the values to as they were previously before they were edited.
- Click on the Payment Split button to return to the Contract Line window.
Displays a grid listing all the invoices related to this contract. To view any of the invoices in more detail, click on the line and hit the Edit Button. To return to the contract lines window, click on the Invoice Lines button again.
Lists all the communications made against this contract. The communications can be filtered by using the Drop Down Menu. For more information see Communications Overview. To return to the Contract Lines window, click on the Communications button again.
This button allows you to add another name associated with the contract, for example a banner name for a company taking a stand.
To Add a Name Link
- Click on the New Button to the left hand side of the grid.
- Enter or search for the company code and name code. The search window will bring up all the companies that have been linked to the company in the Companies Record, for more information on linking companies see Companies Detail Page or added to the contract in the Companies tab of the Contract screen. For more details on adding additional names to a company see Additional Company Names.
- Once the company code and name code have been chosen (if it a different name of the same company who have set up the contract, enter the same company code) click on the green tick button.
- Click on the Names Link button again to return to the Contract Lines Window.
The other tabs in the contract screen contain pages to add more information and details related to the whole contract rather than the contract line in particular. For more information click on the links below.
Contract Companies page, which is used to list the companies that are involved in the contract such as different invoice and agent companies
Contract Payment Terms page, which contains details on the financial arrangements that have been agreed for the contract.
Contract Communication page, which list all communications that are connected with the selected contract.
Contract Other Page This page contains four additional tabbed pages. The first page is the Employee Links page, which provides details on any employees that are associated with the specified contract, Employees responsible for the contract can also be added here and their commission. The second page is the contract Name page, which lists all the companies associated with this contract. The third tab is History which lists all the other contracts this company has placed and the final tab Attributes lists the attributes that have been assigned to this contract.
Transactions page, which displays any transactions that are associated with the specified contract.