If what you are expecting when merging with a communication document does not happen then this could be due to one of the following reasons :
- No contact and address details are printed on contracts.
- Contracts are set up in code 3 of the Communication Documents window (found in Parameters & Lists > General). In the grid double click at the beginning of the line containing the document to view the document details. Check that one of the company role tick boxes in the bottom right hand corner has been ticked. This is needed to specify who the contract is going to.
- No Address details are printed on merged letters from the Attribute Report.
- Check that you have ticked the Address Info box before you have built the list.
- The Communication Document does not fit properly on your headed paper.
- Go to Parameters & Lists > General > Communication Documents. Find and double click on the document line in the grid to view the details. Click on the Word icon, this will open the document (the path is shown in the field next to this). With the document open, change the document and print out until you are happy with the result. Save the document and click on the green tick button.
- A communication is not added in the Communication tab of the record
- Go to Parameters & Lists > General > Communication Documents. Find and double click on the document line in the grid to view the details. Click on the Communication tick box and add a Comm. Type and other details if required. The communication will then be added to records this document is used for.
- The wrong company details are printed out on the letter. e.g. should be agent company details not main company.
- Check in the communication document set up window that in the case of Contract based documents, the correct company role box has been ticked to select which company is to receive the letter.
- Check that the company record/contract screen has the relevant company linked correctly.
- If using a report to merge from, check the correct role company has been ticked in the report window.